CDM Regulations 2015
The regulations governing Construction Design Management has changed from the 6th April 2015, the main changes to the regulations are shown below.
Main Changes in the CDM Regulations
- A Principal Designer for the whole project needs to be appointed if there is more than one contractor involved with the works.
- A Principal Contractor needs to be appointed if more than one contractor (including subcontractors).
- All construction projects, both notifiable and non-notifiable need to have a Construction Phase Plan.
- On completion of works where more than one contractor has been involved a health and safety file needs to be produced.
If a Principal Designer and Principal Contractor is not appointed the client defaults to the position of Principal Contractor/Designer.
Works are notifiable if either of the following apply;
- Works are going to last longer than thirty days and there are more than 20 workers on site simultaneously.
- The man day for the project are going to exceed 500.
Nene Construction Management Services are offering the service of acting as Principal Designer or can provide the support required to be a Principal Designer with regards to compiling Pre-Construction information and Construction Phase Plans. This support is offered from the design stages of works through to completing the final safety file.